Monday, February 18, 2013

Super Saturday


People often ask me, "What do you do for fun in Los Angeles?"

I always have trouble coming up with a descriptive answer because there isn't a set group of things that I constantly do to entertain myself.  I usually end up giving a vague answer like, "I dunno.  I like to go out and do stuff; enjoy the city."

The people who ask me this question are usually trying to get some inspiration to enrich their own lives (except for my parents, who don't understand why I think L.A. is so much fun and just want me to move back home. LOL!), and I really want to help them, but smashing all the things that I do into a few sentences is nearly impossible.

So instead of trying to come up with an all-encompassing statement about what I do for fun, I'll just take you through one of my regular Saturdays:

2:00 pm - Went to Frank & Sons, a gigantic swap meet of everything awesome, with the intention of just looking around/geeking out, but ended up buying my childhood's holy grail, "Soundwave" from the original Transformers cartoon. [Go HERE for the full story.]

























4:00 pm - Met Ono-San, the producer of the most popular fighting game franchise "Street Fighter" at the BAIT x Street Fighter art show.  [Go HERE for the full story.]















6:00 pm - Attended Press Paws, a charity art show dedicated to saving animals with art and videogames.
























8:00 pm - Stuffed my face with juicy pork dumplings at the world famous Din Tai Fung Dumpling House.
[No photo here.  I hate when people take pictures of their food. LOL!]

Now do you see why "I dunno.  I like to go out and do stuff; enjoy the city." is a perfectly fitting answer?

What do you like to do for fun?